Sunday, January 24, 2016

Popular Culture & Me & Blogging

What popular culture are you drawn to and why?  

My favorite popular culture would be video games, video game consoles, video game graphics and the 
overall sport of gaming  because I have in depth knowledge of its history by being an active participant.  However I genuinely really didn't know all of my invested years and gained knowledge had some value of any kind.


Science Fiction is my second favorite popular culture because I enjoy its atmosphere and endless possibilities of the advancement and evolution of the human mind.

Super heroes would be my favorite third favorite popular culture.  I believe I became attracted with Wonder Woman as a little girl but mostly as an adult with X-Men.  I have a slight belief in the powers of X-Men and that humans could gain enhanced super human powers.  I look forward to Gambit's story on the big screen.

Why is it important to you and what value do you get from engaging in it? 

What has been difficult for me is maintaining my knowledge base in many of these areas as a Mom I have become a fanatic of Scooby-Doo (again) and Power Rangers; therefore it is important to me to somehow continue my interest in the areas I listed above by engaging in different platforms on Facebook, magazines and visiting local comic book stores every now and then.  The value I get from continuing my interest are primarily the ongoing developments...I think the future of anything.



What do you anticipate you will learn about that particular form of popular culture in this course?

I will learn about what other people's interpretation of popular culture and learn from various views that I may not otherwise have thought of.

No comments:

Post a Comment