Sunday, January 24, 2016

Pop Culture


Well... I have to admit. My life revolves around reality television, and celebrity drama I see on the news, Internet, magazines etc. like "divorced only after two months". On a regular basis you can find me in bed "Keeping up with the Kardashians" or watching the cat fights between the women in shows like Mob Wives, The Real Housewives of Orange County, and Teen Mom. As much as I try not to give into these shows, and have to listen to my dad all day telling me to "Watch some real television like the news" I will never stop. I'm a reality television ADDICT... So because of that the part of popular culture I am drawn too is the entertainment part of it all. I’m drawn to television, movies, and music. Ever since I was little I was always right next to my mom on the couch catching up on her shows with her. I believe television, film, and music are very important aspects of living. I can't even imagine what I would do without seeing an amazing film, or not hearing a song that makes the hairs on my arm stand up from getting a certain feeling, or not watching an educational show or documentary (not just the Kardashians) and learning more than sometimes I have learned in a class. I've been enrolled in this class for about four days and I've already gained more knowledge on popular culture then I ever have. I am anticipating learning more on popular culture entertainment and how these shows, movies, and songs influence our lives. I am very excited to dive into this course!

No comments:

Post a Comment