Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Mumble Rap: The love hate relationship of the rap community

Some of you might be going what in the world is a mumble rap and why would I want to listen to someone mumble. Well it is the newest craze in hip-hop and is ultimately taking over the community. It is a form of rapping where the artist strings together occasional words to make them flow into one another rather than clearly articulating each one. This makes the song very catchy leading to a hit song. Artists known for mumble rapping are Playboi carti, Young Thug, and the Migos. But just because this new form of rap is popular doesn't mean everyone is a fan of it. This new style is upsetting og fans of the rap community stating that the new generations delivery lacks professionalism and is just plain effortless. 


Personally I am a fan of this new generation style of rapping dubbed “mumble rap” but I can understand how someone from the og rap community can have a distastefulness to it. As a young kid I would only listen to bands like RHCP, Van Halen, and Coldplay and had an extreme disliking towards any rap music. But as I got older the things I had a liking for changed as well as the friend group I had and I think that had a huge influence on my music today. Over time I got used to this genre of music and it has become one of the favorites. I think people need to be open minded and give things a chance before judging.

http://theconversation.com/mumble-rap-cultural-laziness-or-a-true-reflection-of-contemporary-times-85550

No comments:

Post a Comment