Saturday, March 21, 2020

How I relate to Module 5

I am Madeline O’Bryant.
I took this online class because it was an option for one of my last liberal arts class fulfillments
and it seemed interesting. I had never thought that I would see a class that had to do with pop
culture and involving so many other topics I’m interested in. 
When I completed the time management form I had to adjust my free time, gym time and daily
schedule overall. There are so many hours in the day but we don’t realize how many we waste,
whether it’s scrolling on our phones, napping, commute time, etc. Especially in the day and
age when people are so busy, we take what time we can to rest but that often turns into wasted
time.
An area of popular culture that I absolutely love is Music, Movies, fashion, and do it yourself.
I love these areas of fashion, music, movies because I’ve been surrounded by them since I was
younger. I love the arts and I feel like they bring people together and connect humans like no
other thing in the world. I love to do it yourself because I am frugal and I love being able to prove
to myself that I can do something new. It’s helped me tremendously. 

This week I watched “Dear white people” as a black woman I was aware of a lot of what
was discussed in race and ethnicity, especially having experienced it first hand, racism, sexism
within racism, fetishism etc. Seeing movies like “Dear white people” makes me think that people
maybe able to have more conversations to bring down the ignorance throughout the world,
so everyone can learn more and open their hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment