Sunday, January 22, 2017

Passion for Fashion

As lame as it sounds, I really do have a passion for fashion. Fashion and style in general are the most interesting pieces of pop culture to me. I've always been a creative person and just find fashion to be another outlet for me to express that. I love taking a little time each day to put together a look and decide what I want to feel like that day. I can feel anyway I want; anything from girly to edgy and everything in between. I also love looking back at old fashion, as it says so much about the time. Fashion can almost be looked at as a time stamp. If you look at any photo from the 90's, I guarantee you will be able to identify it is from the 90's. All photos used can be credit back to this page.


Fashion is something I only really started valuing in the past couple years. For me, and many others, it is a way to express yourself. Like any other artist, I am creating something. Except with fashion you can create something new everyday. I know not everyone cares about what they wear all that much; but weather you are thinking about it or not, what you wear says something about you. I find myself feeling so much more confident when I love my outfit. This allows me to try something new or even to put myself out there in a crowd.


Although I don't think we will focus much on fashion in this class, I do think I can still learn a lot. Fashion is something that impacts our daily lives, it marks historic time periods, and even big moments in pop culture. Regardless of what we are learning about, if it involves humans, I'm sure I can pick up something about fashion



No comments:

Post a Comment