Sunday, January 22, 2017

I Love Movies!

My name is Daniel Landers, and there's not much to say about me. I live in Danvers, have for all of my life, this is my second year at North Shore Community Colleges, and my favorite show is It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. Is there anything else...oh yeah, I LOVE MOVIES.

I am a proud and avid film goer, having had a great interest in films and film making in general. I have been since my childhood, I still hold found memories of me and my father going to the movies. I think my interest in film started when me and my father saw Finding Nemo in 2003, the textures and details put into the beautiful scenery of Finding Nemo gave a respect for film I hadn't felt. From then on, I was obsessed with movies.

Although Finding Nemo was the film that gave me my love of movies, it is not my favorite film. That title belongs to 2008's The Dark Knight. This film when it came out, and still to this day, amazes me. Christopher Nolan and crew not only took comic book movies to a whole new level, but crafted one of the best films in recent memory. They created this complex and captivating tale of good vs evil, terrorism, and the length people go to fight their greatest enemy. Now, addressing the elephant in the room, yes I do think the best part of this film is Heath Ledger's hypnotic performance as the seemingly demonic Joker. What can I say that hasn't already been said excepts that the film gave us one of cinema's greatest performances and villains.

While I could go on and on about every film I've seen and how great they are, I'll leave with this. I really can't wait to get to know you all and work with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment