Saturday, February 15, 2020

Rags to Riches "Hope"

Rags to Riches "Hope"


Movies to me are one of the ways that truly influence popular culture. The particular one that professor Eaton posted  (See link below) is a good example of the emotional influence movies have. The "Rags to Riches" theme has numerous applications to every individual and lifestyle. The abundance of material you can view and dissect is enormous! Personally, I like the starting from the bottom type of movies that teach you that with a little work, comes success. Although, that's not always the case, it's still has the magic word "HOPE" in everything.

Hope is a powerful emotion, and how it relates to popular culture is in my opinion one of it's strong points to drive our engagement in movies and how that effect us. Having hopes and dreams are instilled in us at a young age. I can remember growing up wanting to be the next big lead guitarist of Ozzy Osbourne, and I worked five hours a day learning scales, modes, and music theory to attain that. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to fulfill my dream, But it did open many doors to other musicians with the same mindset and the desire to play and often.

Rags to Riches in my mindset is one of the most wide ranged of popular culture parts that I have discovered so far in this course. Times change, technologies change, but what doesn't change are people and how we process things emotionally. Another example of the emotional aspect is shopping for products. I learned from a business man I used to work with, was to try and get your customers to purchase goods on the emotional high! Basically he was telling me that most people have that emotional rush first, then think about it. To get your customers to buy quickly before they have time to weigh in on whether it's good or bad is a smart tactic.

Understanding "Hope" and the emotional drive to better our lives is a powerful popular culture tool and the more I read and watch material, the more I see how this effects myself, but everyone around me.




 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvP0teo3RU0&feature=youtu.be

No comments:

Post a Comment